Sunday, July 19, 2009

what to knit?

It's been too long since I've knit anything. James and I got (big gay) married July 4th so life has been full of non-knitterly things.

My friend Kate gave me a lovely skein of Dream in Color Classy for my birthday: 250 yards of berry colored superfine merino and it's superwash! It's gorgeous yarn but I have no idea what to knit to best suit it. I've been perusing Ravelry in hopes of some inspiration.

I haven't finished the glittens I started months ago, but I keep coming back to these 'Under The Tree' fingerless gloves. I had a sweater vest when I was really young that my grandmother made me with the same owl cables. I'd forgotten about it until I saw something on Ravelry recently with the same cable. It wasn't something I'd wear, but these totally are.

I think I just convinced myself.

1 comment: