Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pardon me, I didn't knit that for you and Cotton-ease

This is probably only truly funny to the knit geeks, I think, but certainly at least amusing for anyone else.




In personal knitting news:
I'm finally making a half way decent looking baby sweater. The first one, while definitely a sweater, was barely fit for the sock monkey. This one should be a much more proper sweater. It is the Baby Sachiko Kimono Sweater and I'm making it light blue cotton-ease.

I am very impressed with the yarn. It's a 50/50 acrylic/cotton and really is easy to work with. It has far more give than most cotton and shapes up nicely without being limp. It's a little splitty, but that was only really an issue when I had to rip out one of the front panels and re-knit it (two right fronts! go me.). I'm hoping that the acrylic content is enough to be able to "kill" the yarn. The garter band decreases at the top of the front pull in a bit and I'd like to be able to block it out permanently. It is a baby sweater after all and will get a lot of washing (other awesome thing about the yarn: totally machine wash and dry-able).

I don't have pictures yet, but soon I hope. I'm on the first sleeve. I just need to make the other sleeve and stitch up the sides. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment