Sunday, May 25, 2008

I started another noro scarf actually out of noro this time. The first one is Plymouth Boku, which I love but is only 5% silk and the Noro Silk Garden is a glorious 45%. I got about 8 inches or so into the scarf and suddenly realized I was knitting with two different sized needles! This would be only slightly amusing if I hadn't taken the first scarf off the needles in order to start making the second. I knit about four feet of scarf without ever realizing I was using one size 7 and one size 8. wtf?

I can't even find another straight 7 OR 8 so I stuck a rubber band on the end of a US8 dpn. So far it doesn't seem to be making all that much of a difference. The scarf has gotten about half an inch wider but not too bad. I briefly entertained the idea of trying to find size 7.5s or some mm equivalent, but dude, that takes, like, effort.

The first one in Plymouth Boku



edit: I'm not sure why I didn't just keep using one 7 and one 8. I ripped back to continue how I started. The difference in the fabric with 2 size 7s or 2 size 8s bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment