Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm lazing on the couch with a fat kitty in my lap watching Project Runway and typing on my new tiny net book (named Willard). Life is pretty damn good.

I can't believe that just a couple of months ago I posted about not having anything to knit. I finished my owl hand warmers and now have no less than SIX projects on the needles right now! I want to knit everything in sight.

These are the owl handwarmers. For some reason I don't have a picture of both of them, so you get one and the other half finished. Use your imagination, or don't; there are more pics on flickr. :)

I love grey for showing off cables and this yarn was particularly good for it, not too fuzzy, but also soft. It's Webs' house yarn though the name escapes me at the moment. I reversed the tree branch portion of the cable pattern on the left glove so that it was a mirror image of the right. I think they look better that way.

I have so much more to say, but I just spent half an hour trying to get that last link to work without taking the last half of the post with it. I'm recovering from camping over the weekend and Monday coming all too soon. James has made beef stew that I am dying to eat and then it is bed time, or at least reading young adult books about vampires in bed time. More on all the projects in progress another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment