Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I did something I had previously thought I would never do; I taught someone to knit tonight. haha I just typed that "I taught someone to KIT.." which is pretty funny because it was Kit who I taught. I was pretty much going to point her in the direction of a book and knittinghelp.com, but then he was playing around with the yarn and holding the needles well and I figured I'd give it a shot and she picked it up really easily. I can take almost no credit for this, but I do feel that I may have come one step closer to total world knitting domination. yup.

edit:
ok, so it has been brought to my attention that I have, in fact, taught someone to knit prior to teaching Kit. I have absolutely no recollection of this but I don't doubt that it is true... I don't know whether this means I am now closer or much much farther away from total world knitting domination...
/edit

I finished the fisherman's watchcap for James. I really like it. It was fun to knit, easy, and I think it came out very nicely. The next time I knit it, though, (and there will be a next time. I really liked it) I'll make the St st part a little longer before starting to decrease. I think it would just be more effective if it covered the ears a bit more.




That's my Lurbe! and his fancy new hat

No comments:

Post a Comment